Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI should have posted this in the Shanahan bash thread but...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2106744&mesg_id=2106835
2106835, I should have posted this in the Shanahan bash thread but...
Posted by Virgenes Corazon, Tue Jan-08-13 11:27 PM
A lot of people miss that he played this whole thing like a game of chess. He sacrificed RGIII for Cousins, knowing full well the Redskins weren't going to make a Super Bowl run this year. You decide if that makes RGIII a rook and Cousins is the queen. Hear me out.

Look at the unending tire fire that is the Jets. That team had a QB controversy that will not abate even now especially since the coach has a tattoo. Stuck in a situation between a QB he wanted and a QB the owner wanted, Rex Ryan couldn't handle it... for whatever reason which I'm sure you will reply with.

After the draft, there were slight media hubbub starting up about the drafting of Cousins so soon after Griffin and conspiracy theories flew. Shanny did the right thing and got in front of it, named Griffin the starter almost immediately.

Shanahan knows that he has to deal with the hype of a top 5 pick and if he'd rather have Cousins then all he has to do is let Griffin run himself into the ground while having his back at the same time.

Rest assured Shanny will have Cousins ready for the world in 2013 and if Cousins balls out then he's in the catbird seat. Then Griffin can be dealt for picks and get a starting job based on 2012, Cousins is the future of the Redskins for the immediate future and Shanahan takes the heat off himself. Everyone wins except Griffin who will lose the next season.