Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectFiring your head coach 4-5 ganes into the season is usually not a good...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2105223&mesg_id=2105387
2105387, Firing your head coach 4-5 ganes into the season is usually not a good...
Posted by ThaTruth, Mon Jan-07-13 06:36 PM
sign to begin with. Changing coaches during the season almost never works in the NBA or any other sport really. Even if we had brought in Phil I have doubts if could have installed the triangle on fly with this group without Tex and some if his other assistants. Honestly I think Phil kinda lost touch with the team that last season and I'm not sure things would've been different for another go around. In his prime Phil's biggest strength was his ability to connect with players and I think he gradually lost that over time. When he took over the Bulls he was only like 10 years removed from being a player so he was able to relate to those guys. Plus today most guys would rather use their smartphones, tablets and laptops for other things besides reading books. The last image of Phil in my mind is when we were getting swept by the Mavs and he was yelling at Gasol and Gasol looking like "yeah, whatever". Vintage Phil was always in control.

Oh btw, fuck the Clippers.