Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectwhat late round picks are you referring to?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2104869&mesg_id=2147697
2147697, what late round picks are you referring to?
Posted by grandmasterfletch, Fri Mar-15-13 10:39 AM
>Where are the late round draft picks?

Alfred Morris set franchise rushing record as a 6th rounder. Late round picks don't normally equate to starters, not sure what you mean by this?

>
>What's the plan with OL, WR and secondary?

The O line while the second weakest unit on the team does not require premium talent under the zone scheme. He drafted 3 last year Compton, Leriebus and Gettis and still got his stud late round RB, franchise QB, and a BACKUP QB that won games for the team as rook. you think it is stretch to assume at least one of the 3 lineman become starters by 2014? I agree WR will be a huge question mark next season. the Morgan contract was awful. Secondary has to be addressed in the draft, and I will be surprised if we don't land a vet like Winfield or Talib. Would you rather them have paid Hall and taken that huge cap hit? I have forgiven Shannahan for his past draft/personnel mistakes now that Allen is aboard. I think there is a plan in place, but it is severely hamstrung by the NFL cap penalties.

>
>Last season's $18M wasn't a huge issue. This year it is, but
>that's only one year of serious limitation.

you don't think it will have ripple effects for the franchise the next few years?