Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: This salary cap thing really is forcing our hands to sit tight
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2104869&mesg_id=2147354
2147354, RE: This salary cap thing really is forcing our hands to sit tight
Posted by B.J.S.301, Thu Mar-14-13 03:02 PM
>The way this is playing, our team has not gotten better. If
>anything we've gotten worse.

Man, I am probably one of the most negative people when it comes to my teams and I actually have a little bit of hope this year. No idea why though. The Ravens have basically dismantled all the important pieces to their team and other folks are overpaying to get that extra edge. Shoot even New England is looking more mortal now. I am kinda happy we aren't playing in the free agency pool this year.

>- We lost Zo which was huge and would've loved to have paid
>him a few years ago, but they never saw his value until it was
>too late. So he's gone, i'm sorry to see him go, but i'm glad
>he'll get paid. He did his time here when the teams were
>horrible so I'm not mad at him for protecting his future and
>getting that dough.

Hindsight is a motherfucker. I wish we could have paid him more. I wish him well.

>- We have less secondary now than we did at the end of the
>season, and NO money to pay for it. I'm not sure what they're
>going to do. Acquib Talib is out there, but he probably won't
>be in our range, plus he has discipline problems.

Welp...We will definitely be in the running for some secondary help in the draft. Hopefully we will have scouted well. Secondary help isn't looking too deep this year. Only thing I can say is that it forces us to develop who we do have, which is a good thing. The team should actually start trying to do what other teams have done and just go for draft picks instead of free agent signings. Too bad we don't have a first though (*sigh)

>- That Morgan contract is probably looking really stupid right
>now. He didn't deserve that much, and the contract is hurting
>the team now. They made Santana take a pay cut and turned his
>3.7 mil into a 1.2 but he can get all of that if he basically
>has the same season he had last year. So they say his
>incentives are "attainable". The Maras may have gotten us this
>year. They may have hit us in a way which we won't be able to
>keep our team together this year, but we'll be alright next
>year. So who knows.

Hopefully the team finally learns its lesson with giving folks big contracts. They are paying a lot for somebody who isn't a Pro-Bowler. That money could have went to Alexander. Plus the cap is supposed to be getting smaller by the year. Gotta learn to be more frugal with money now. And Santana either really must love this team or he knows his worth to take another pay cut like that. In the role he is playing right now, I will definitely take the price.

>- I really just want Griff to get well and come back when he's
>ready not day 1 like Ap. I want him at close to 100% not what
>he was doing in Philly or Cowboys game.

Yeah I hope this man doesn't try to rush back. He's got his whole career ahead of him for that. He needs his legs. Not just for running either.