Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThis salary cap thing really is forcing our hands to sit tight
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2104869&mesg_id=2147090
2147090, This salary cap thing really is forcing our hands to sit tight
Posted by Dae021, Thu Mar-14-13 10:33 AM
The way this is playing, our team has not gotten better. If anything we've gotten worse.

- We lost Zo which was huge and would've loved to have paid him a few years ago, but they never saw his value until it was too late. So he's gone, i'm sorry to see him go, but i'm glad he'll get paid. He did his time here when the teams were horrible so I'm not mad at him for protecting his future and getting that dough.

- We have less secondary now than we did at the end of the season, and NO money to pay for it. I'm not sure what they're going to do. Acquib Talib is out there, but he probably won't be in our range, plus he has discipline problems.

- That Morgan contract is probably looking really stupid right now. He didn't deserve that much, and the contract is hurting the team now. They made Santana take a pay cut and turned his 3.7 mil into a 1.2 but he can get all of that if he basically has the same season he had last year. So they say his incentives are "attainable". The Maras may have gotten us this year. They may have hit us in a way which we won't be able to keep our team together this year, but we'll be alright next year. So who knows.

- I really just want Griff to get well and come back when he's ready not day 1 like Ap. I want him at close to 100% not what he was doing in Philly or Cowboys game.