Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectMy Man!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2104869&mesg_id=2104996
2104996, My Man!
Posted by Dae021, Mon Jan-07-13 01:39 PM
>1. Not only was it shitty for Shanahan to leave Griff in WHEN
>HE COULD BARELY WALK, it was just straight up BAD COACHING.
>
Well they got outcoached, Shanny Didn't coach that game as if he were coaching for the team, he coached it as if he were coaching for Robert, and that was the problem. He did a horrible job managing his team and the game. Coach and Medical staff have a duty to protect that player, instead they just waited until he broke.

>2. I'm not sold on the defense. They went from "awful" to
>"mediocre", but Haslett has never been a great coordinator,
>and the roster needs a lot of work.
>

As bad as the Defense was they were just as good as the Packers D that won the superbowl a few years ago, bend but don't break and opportunistic if the ball is on the floor or poorly thrown. They played that way and almost even with an ineffective Griff still had the team within striking distance to win that game. Down the stretch things came together and they played well. They were held together with duct tape and glue, and did their jobs. Are they less talented than almost all Defensive secondaries absolutely. Hopefully that can be addressed, maybe Tanard Jackson will show and Merriweather will be healthy. We've got to add a larger Corner out there somewhere. Dez Bryant is only going to get better and we're goign to need someone to combat against that. They need pieces and as of right now they don't have em.

>3. Handful of great building blocks, but this team still needs
>a lot of good drafting, and so far Shanahan hasn't hit on
>enough later-round picks for me. That's a problem when you
>gave up so much for your QB. You HAVE to hit on late round
>picks.

They have a QB, and RB, a good WR not a great one, but a good one and hopefully if Fred is healthy a really good TE. All of this is dependent upon how severe Griff's knee is hurt. He may miss all of next season, I don't expect him to be Adrian Peterson and no one else should either that dude is a superhero and we should just hope that Griff can come back to where he was earlier in the season.