Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCome on now, I wouldn't do that to you.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2104869&mesg_id=2104930
2104930, Come on now, I wouldn't do that to you.
Posted by smutsboy, Mon Jan-07-13 12:21 PM
Your post is here:

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=21&topic_id=87653#87976

323. "End of the season post. After Loss to Seattle"

- If Griff was healthy they beat Seattle and there's nothing anyone can tell me to dissuade me from that.

- Ok to the big issue right now some folks won't feel me on this and i'm perfectly ok with that. Mike should've pulled Griff when his knee buckled on the back pedal with no contact. I said it then, i'll say it now. EVERYONE is arguing whether Griffin should've come out, guess what that shit ain't his call. Shanny clearly saw his FRANCHISE couldn't walk, not barely, not a little couldn't walk and yet let him go back out on the field. It wasn't the wince inducing bootleg either, it was his long ball interception. If anyone's ever thrown a football really far the difference is in your legs, with your plant leg, if you can't plant and generate power then you can't throw. Whenever Griff tried to throw hard his back leg came off the ground immediately. So I don't give a shit if he can't run, that's not his job. His job is to throw the football and if he can't throw time to get pulled. So all that if he comes out blah blah, you can't win I don't give a shit, that's not his call and as the coach you put the team above your star's wants. PULL HIM.

- Dude the much maligned defense played their asses off, they had some trouble defending the zone read, but honestly they handled it as well as anyone could with Marshawn Lynch beasting as usual. They played well enough to win. Reed Doughty earned his check yesterday with 10 tackles and 2 sacks, London 15 tackles and .5 sack. Those are two individually great games that will be forgotten in this Griff saga. This Defensive secondary after the bye played incredible and Haz, and Radio need to get some love for what they did. They started coaching to what they had opposed to what they were supposed to have. They did well down the stretch and I'm quite happy with what this ragtag group did, however No Madieu Williams next year is a good thing. Overall with what we had to work with, i'm not super upset.

-Great season and as long as Griff doesn't miss all of next year with a knee injury I think they've set up some great building blocks for the future.

- HTTR