Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI have no idea how I feel and I understand all of your points.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2104397&mesg_id=2104825
2104825, I have no idea how I feel and I understand all of your points.
Posted by Tiger Woods, Mon Jan-07-13 09:31 AM
- I understand that ball players are competitors and that they're never going to bring themselves out of games if they're hurt. I also get that if they win while hurt they're lauded exorbitantly.

- I understand that Griffin probably should've came out. I understand that he clearly wasn't well and that he was not only fighting a losing fight in that game itself but potentially damaging his future as well.

- I place the blame on this solely on Griffin. Shanahan trusts his players and they've proven they trust him. He trusted one a bit too much and it cost them. Griffin should've been accountable and,again, I understand fully why he wasn't.

- What I'm not sure everyone here is understanding is the repercussions of him leaving the game with the lead and then them losing. Then there's a backlash, then everyone questions his mettle, questions his ability to "lead" and his standing in the locker room. This is the same guy who told Tony Romo to keep his head up. Clearly he's obsessed with not losing and with not being able to lead.

so really every scenario is a loser. Keep him in and win but risk further damage? Lose for the future. Keep him in and lose the game? Lose the game and for the future. Take him out and lose the game? Lose the game and spark controversy.

This is a complex thing and ultimately I think I would've done the exact same thing in Mike Shanahan's shoes, as poor as a decision it appears to be in hindsight.