Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectagreed, i'd risk it to get him those playoff reps
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2104397&mesg_id=2104551
2104551, agreed, i'd risk it to get him those playoff reps
Posted by theprofessional, Sun Jan-06-13 08:22 PM
if i'm a sk**s fan, i'd rather have a hobbled RG3 in the game getting that playoff experience-- win or lose-- than a healthy kirk cousins. cousins ain't taking y'all to the super bowl next year, RG3 very well might. the quicker bob builds up his playoff resume, the sooner he starts bringing home rings. that's how it works.

steelers got blown out in the 2004 afc championship. rookie ben played terribly, threw three picks and fumbled, had no way of knowing his practices had been taped, and would've been benched by many coaches. he wasn't. finished the game, came back the next year, destroyed the broncos in the AFC championship like a vet, and won the super bowl. you have to get your young franchise QB those playoff reps. can't duplicate it in practice.

it didn't end up going well for shanahan in this instance, but that's the risk. he took it and he was right to do so. you'll thank him later. the bootlegs and roll outs he had bob running are another story.