Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIn the end I think it was a fair deal, just a shame that it took forever
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2104003&mesg_id=2104013
2104013, In the end I think it was a fair deal, just a shame that it took forever
Posted by ConcreteCharlie, Sun Jan-06-13 09:39 AM
If we are throwing around blame, I think the owners started way too low and from there it was two guys doing their dirty jobs at the top of both parties.

The 2005 agreement was much longer in the making plus it cost a season and it was much worse. It's probably the main reason we had this stoppage. Too many concessions made in desperate times. The players gave a ton off the top, the owners gave them too much revenue share in return and, significantly, the small market owners made way too many concessions to the bigger market ones to keep them on board.

I am glad we will see an end to these bloated ass contracts, those were just absurd. The two buyouts will mean some get out of jail free cards for the big spenders and take some of those deals off the books.