Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectRE: Valid how?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2103632&mesg_id=2103665
2103665, RE: Valid how?
Posted by murph71, Sat Jan-05-13 02:09 PM
>Dwight complaining about not getting the ball enough might be
>a personal issue, which in turn might affect his individual
>play, but the Lakers' offense (or mythical lack of ball
>movement) as a whole is definitely not the issue. Their
>mediocre to poor defense is why they are a middle of the road
>team right now. Dwight is a defensive minded player, so he
>likley assumes that defense is not the issue. He is also an
>idiot, so there is that.

That's not what I'm getting at...

"Both valid" meaning that their lack of sharing the ball and lack of defense can be the issue...

I've seen this movie before...A team with a few aging stars attempt to play 3 ball with a lot of hero ball thrown in from their franchise player...The Knicks do the same thing...But they have an actual defensive mindset to fall back on because Woodson actually preaches defensive responsibility...

The Lakers have no issues scoring over 100 points a game...The issue is HOW they score those points...

>Their offense has been very good, but please feel free to show
>me otherwise.
>
>The Clippers meanwhile have a top 3 defense in the league to
>combine with their equally effective offense. Hence they are a
>better team. This isn't rocket science.

Their offense has been fool's gold...

I think Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose (and Magic) said it pretty much straight-no-chaser...

The Lakers scoring is predicated on the 3 ball...And when that 3 doesn't go in the other team is off to the races on a fast break...And we know what happens after that because, after all, this is a D'antoni coached team (ie--no defense)...

That's the issue, here...Bad coaching game plan mixed with a lackluster defense on the perimeter...Slowing the whole thing down from time to time (aka, sharing the ball) would help the Lakers win some more games...

As stated...Both points are vaild...