Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectpeople will twist anything to fit their agenda
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2103157&mesg_id=2129091
2129091, people will twist anything to fit their agenda
Posted by 3xKrazy, Sun Feb-10-13 04:58 PM
they bitched and moaned about tressel

and now the cries are 20x louder, just as me and guru predicted.

it's not about the person behind the name, it's just the name. anybody who coaches at OSU and wins is going to be hated and vilified.

>and don't think it's that hard for him with the championship
>ring, the OSU brand name and gargantuan athletic budget,
>recruiting base in Ohio

he made it work at bgsu and utah...so there goes that excuse.

a lot of this is just about outworking your opponent. I think its a given that the SEC is a little more crooked than average but i also think they're just outworking everybody and making recruiting a priority.

the night game issue is a great example of this. i dont know how it works at other B1G schools but I know that tressel was in favor of noon starts because it allowed the grey haired fans/boosters to get home from the game for an early bedtime.

meyer doesn't give a fuck about appeasing the old folks and maintaining some archaic tradition...he wants to light the place up and get the best possible atmosphere to attract recruits and field the best teams. thats not cheating, that's not 'win at all costs' immorality...it's just common sense.

i was thinking today that more people watch the MAC then they do a lot of B1G teams because of the weekday night games. more isolated primetime slots could help boost a few of the B1G's lagging programs in more ways than one.