Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectgenerally, yes, tho my last moving experience was the most pain-free
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2102609&mesg_id=2121006
2121006, generally, yes, tho my last moving experience was the most pain-free
Posted by Bombastic, Mon Jan-28-13 12:32 PM
I will ever have in my life.

I don't ever wanna move again just because this one spoiled me for easiest moving experience of all time.

Had to move mid-week but only to another spot in my same building in Santa Monica.

Still, I was pissed about having to do it during the week while having to work when originally I was supposed to have a weekend.

Unbeknownst to me, my girl came by minutes after I'd left for work & with a bit of help from my building manager moved my entire spot over the course of a full day aside from a couple of the big items that require man-strength or assistance.

Came home thinking I was gonna be up all night moving & got to my spot to a cooked dinner with a glass of wine handed to me.

That was the cool part, the horrifying part was realizing that your girl has likely gone through all your personal shit while racking your brain wondering what evidence you failed to discard.

Thankfully when she led with 'why did you have a Fiona Apple CD in your stereo? I know you had a girl in here!' I knew I was in the clear.

Got a big goofy grin on my face & said 'bitch you know I love Fiona Apple, go check my ticket stub collection she's in there twice'.

'I know, just wanted to see if you'd get nervous'

*clinks glass, plate pass, soon to tap ass*

Anyway yeah, other than that one blissful outlier, moving does in fact suck.