Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThanks everyone. I know I thanked everyone individually
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2102609&mesg_id=2109209
2109209, Thanks everyone. I know I thanked everyone individually
Posted by Cold Truth, Fri Jan-11-13 06:01 PM
But in general, it's kind of therapeutic to write that out and receive so many well wishes and kind words. That's something that gets lost in all the agenda warz and trash talking and ugly exchanges, OKP is a place full of human beings who actually treat each other like human beings.

it's telling that there's such a separation between what's "real" in terms of our actual lives and the "kayfabe" of trying to out-snark each other over our favorite teams and players.

Thanks to everyone with a kind word. It goes a long way toward reminding myself what's important, and that things aren't so bad even when they are.

Update on my brother though:

He left the home and by all accounts is back on his bullshit (c) Busta

I need to remove this attachment I have to him. I gotta learn to not care as much, perhaps. I've done a reasonable job with being out of sight, out of mind... but for a man who repeatedly fucks off every chance to start building a decent life for himself, it's harder and harder to feel bad for him. It hurts to see this, so I mean... peace to him but I gotta divorce myself from those feelings. I don't even know how much of his story to believe any more.