Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectOne of the things I did coming into the new year and back to NYC
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2102609&mesg_id=2108860
2108860, One of the things I did coming into the new year and back to NYC
Posted by magilla vanilla, Fri Jan-11-13 11:39 AM
was actually write down goals for myself for the first time. And that included the normal professional stuff, sure, but I also looked at creative and cultural goals- like make sure that I see a gallery opening every month, and a new band every month, and a play/opera/symphony/ballet every month.

That kind of cultural stuff can pass you by if you lock yourself into the hamster wheel and routine, without consciously looking at what else you can do. And you're in the city to check it out in, because there are cheap to free venues to see all of it in, in addition to the big cultural monsters like the New York Phil.

And the biggest part of that was my creative goals. The cultural thing will get me out more, which will put me in contact with people who can get me thinking more creatively about my photography (which I've admittedly been slacking on), and I actively set the goal for myself of shooting with a model at least every two months, submitting to six magazine projects, and six photo comps. So if I can get on that path, it's totally manageable, and it might inspire me to go well beyond that.