Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI would stay in Hollywood, Downtown, or Santa Monica
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2102609&mesg_id=2103196
2103196, I would stay in Hollywood, Downtown, or Santa Monica
Posted by MothershipConnection, Fri Jan-04-13 04:26 PM
Hollywood and Downtown will be the easiest for getting to Staples, you can walk or take the Metro to Staples downtown, or take the Metro from Hollywood to Staples, and it drops you off right in front of the arena. Driving from Santa Monica to Staples shouldn't be a huge problem during Saturday during the day, but will be a bitch and a half for a Thursday night game. Don't let it sway you too much either way since it's one day, but if you stay in Santa Monica you should hang out in Downtown before the game Thursday or plan on spending an hour plus in traffic.

As far as renting a house, most of those places listed are FAR. Places like Sherman Oaks and Pasadena are far from most of the nightlife and the actual stadium. I probably wouldn't do it for your first time in the city.

As far as nightlife, what are you guys into? I don't think you guys would be into going to clubs any more, but you wanna go to a nice bar, nice restaurant, see a show? Any sorts of things you'd like to do during the day?

Unfortunately I can't help you out with any specific strip club recommendations, lol.