Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectLongest break from posting was also my Honeymoon
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2102609&mesg_id=2103083
2103083, Longest break from posting was also my Honeymoon
Posted by mrhood75, Fri Jan-04-13 01:24 PM
But even then, I couldn't completely log off. I'd set aside a half hour or so to go down to the lobby of the condo complex to e-mail my folks or surf the web in general, then check in; I can use being a mod as an excuse.

But then I broke the "no-posting" rule when the A's won the West on the last day of the season. I'm in a grocery store, searching the salad dressing/condiment aisle in search of cocktail sauce to with shrimp we're going to have for dinner while my wife waits in the car, standing in front of the mustard, and posting my sincere congrats to the team for pulling off a dream season. It just seemed like it was really important to do at the time.

>By the way, every time I see the word Barstow I
>shiver......spent the worst weekend of my life there against
>my will.
>
>Maybe sometime this month I'll have the mental fortitude to
>tell that tale as it deserves to be told but today is most
>certainly not the day.

Wait, I think I remember this story. I'm pretty sure you told it in the Lesson. This is when you went to Rock the Bells 2007, right? The one where all the Nazi skinheads showed up to see RATM and Cypress Hill? And then you got caught up in traffic and your car broke down in Barstow? Can't believe I remember this shit.