Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectre: being on the bench
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2101355&mesg_id=2102145
2102145, re: being on the bench
Posted by themaddfapper, Wed Jan-02-13 04:33 PM
it's the 800 lb gorilla, cause stat's a genuinely great dude and most people want him to do well. however that contract, his record and fit w/ melo, and his injuries make it easy to get shit started.

remember when baron was on the bench? we kept acting like he was gonna be some kinda savior. he was a broke down 32 year old dude, but seeing him on the bench didn't keep folks from wondering what mighta been.

I suspect stat wanted to allow the team to do what it did without him, so it stood on its own merits, as opposed to shots on the jumbotron or telecasts of him on the bench, during a losing streak, and expectations getting high as to what he can do.

he's handled it real professional for a guy with the pride he has.

now as far as defense. fohwtbs. i still have the same principles I learned in jv damn near 20 yrs ago.

see your man and the ball. don't turn your back to the ball. bump cutters. talk on defense. rotate. box out.

just be honest and say I've never had to be accountable on defense, rather than no one taught you.

cause if opponents ppg determined if you got a game check, im sure a lot of niggas would get right.