Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNBA Observations NYE Edition
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2101151
2101151, NBA Observations NYE Edition
Posted by CherNic, Mon Dec-31-12 04:58 PM
Grizz @ Pacers
Bobcats @ Bulls
Heat @ Magic
Hawks @ Rockets
Nets @ Spurs
Suns @ Thunder

I'll be at the Chik-fil-a Bowl. Yall enjoy yall night, be safe, and Happy New Year :)
2101171, Roy Hibbert has the touch of Kwame Brown around the rim
Posted by FILF, Mon Dec-31-12 05:18 PM
Dude is shooting air balls from 5 feet out
2101173, and Rudy impersonating Trevor Ariza
Posted by FILF, Mon Dec-31-12 05:21 PM
2101196, Flopper= fuckin lose whopper
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Mon Dec-31-12 06:22 PM
Delfino returned to Rockets’ shootaround on Monday after missing two days with symptoms of food poisoning that he blames on a piece of sausage he ate as Ginobili’s house on Thursday, the day before the Rockets played the Spurs in San Antonio.

“It’s funny,” Delfino said of dinner with his friend and Argentina National Team teammate. “I went to his house and everyone eats the same, but this little piece of sausage I get. Then when I get to the hotel … by the time I take a shower I ate a little piece of M&Ms. That was the only things I ate different from Ginobili’s family. I’ve been down for 72 hours and they are everybody healthy. He was blaming himself.

“I was kind of frustrated. Those games were important for us. We were talking about it being like a test for the team. Missing the games for me was tough, watching on TV. Maybe next time we play against them I will talk to my wife about putting some sausage for him, or something like that.”
2101197, Kemba good...
Posted by jdevolve1, Mon Dec-31-12 06:23 PM
we won....finally...got damn...
2101213, vucevic is literally outrebounding the heat
Posted by Cenario, Mon Dec-31-12 07:15 PM
That's gotta be a record.
2101215, Damn, that's crazy. 27 boards.
Posted by BlassFemur, Mon Dec-31-12 07:20 PM
2101308, FML
Posted by gmltheone, Tue Jan-01-13 03:18 AM

----------------------------
Same as it ever was!
2101220, lmao @ one of the hawks saying "hell no!" at Asik's awkward reverse
Posted by themaddfapper, Mon Dec-31-12 07:34 PM
2101236, Wow, the Spurs absolutely put the clamps on the Nets in the 3rd...
Posted by BlassFemur, Mon Dec-31-12 08:41 PM
it was impressive. They played beautiful basketball.
2101237, How does an NBA team only score 5 pts. in a quarter?
Posted by subjctmattr, Mon Dec-31-12 08:42 PM
Never mind the NBA team with the 2nd highest payroll in the league.
2101238, A lot of bricks I'll tell you that.
Posted by BlassFemur, Mon Dec-31-12 08:46 PM
2101242, Nets' offense: Iso Joe >> Iso D-Will >>Iso Marshon
Posted by FILF, Mon Dec-31-12 08:59 PM
.....all while ignoring Brooke Lopez.
2101243, what.a.pass. from Lin to Delfino. Delfino is wildin' out. 22 in 25 mins.
Posted by themaddfapper, Mon Dec-31-12 09:03 PM
2101249, Jeff Teague: gate kept.
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Mon Dec-31-12 09:14 PM
Nah I'm cysin bobby box scoring while waiting in long lines at universal studios. Will watch when I get home but Teague had a horrible line at half.
2101250, What happened to chandler?
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Mon Dec-31-12 09:15 PM
2101272, Better Question: WTF is up with Royce White? (swipe)
Posted by RexLongfellow, Mon Dec-31-12 10:52 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/21474030/royce-white-wont-play-for-d-league-team-due-to-unsafe-atmosphere

Basketball
Royce White won't play for D-League team due to 'unsafe atmosphere'
By Zach Harper | NBA Blogger
December 30, 2012 2:14 pm ET

Royce White (No. 30) won't play for the D-League team. (Getty Images)
Yesterday, Royce White was assigned to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, the Houston Rockets' D-League team, to begin the process of getting White acclimated to the team's system and organization on the court. It looked like a step in the right direction for getting him onto the court and into his NBA career after a well-documented struggle with the organization as he learns to adapt himself to the NBA lifestyle.

According to David Aldridge, that feeling of everything finally coming together for White and the Rockets might be short-lived:

David Aldridge

@daldridgetnt
Royce White says he won't play for Rockets' D League team, citing "unsafe" atmosphere of team officials making mental health calls.
30 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite
David Aldridge@daldridgetnt
In statement, White says he wants to play, but only "with the collaboration and recommendation of trained professionals."
30 Dec 12
David Aldridge

@daldridgetnt
White says HOU has only given an "image" of support, & provided info that is "extremely misleading, and a lot of times totally inaccurate."
30 Dec 12 ReplyRetweetFavorite
White's complete statement on the matter can be seen here on NBA.com.

This is extremely discouraging for those who have been hoping the situation would end up with a happy ending and White finally starting his NBA career. In a well-documented saga with White and Rockets management, there was a lot of name-calling and misgivings about the situation with both sides seemingly taking a very different stance on the situation. But after weeks of silence on this front and White apparently agreeing to work with the Rockets' recommended personnel, it seemed like all was well.

One day after being sent to the D-League, it has now all fallen apart and we're back to where we were with the ordeal back in mid-November. Regardless of whether White is correct in his assessment of the atmosphere around the Rockets and their D-League affiliate, the fact that he's saying these things means he believes it to be true and they're once again at an impasse.
2101294, I posted this yesterday in the Royce White post
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Mon Dec-31-12 11:56 PM
things just seemed to be getting better as he was doing individual workouts at Toyota Center, then he got assigned to dleague and had a meltdown. Not really sure what he expected.
2101295, basically that nigga dont want to play in the d-league
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Tue Jan-01-13 12:05 AM
idk wtf he expected. get w/ the program or gtfo.
2101257, i went out for a cut, came back in the third.
Posted by themaddfapper, Mon Dec-31-12 09:57 PM
I do remember one possession where teague was tryna boogie on Lin, wound up getting it took, and it started a fast break I *think* Lin finished, I wasn't sure.

@ one point he was 1-12 but I couldn't tell you how it happened.

As for Parsons, he basically stunk, Delfino came in and hit damn near everything, and that was that.

there's enough scoring to go around where it's no big deal if someone sits.

2101304, Good Game. Good to know we can beat 2nd tier teams
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Tue Jan-01-13 02:17 AM
LOL teams like the Grizz (who have been falling apart a bit lately), NY, Bos, ATL.

We cant touch the top tier teams right now. Our pace and offense is kind of fools gold. It works against most teams except the first tier teams. But the 1st tier teams like OKC, SAS, LAC run and finish better than us and our overall more efficient on offense and defense (even if the numbers dont suggest it). We should not get into running contests with those teams.

But hey nobody expected us to be this good this soon. I'l take it. Funny cause now all the agenda talk on the board the rest of this season is gonna be about how bad we are (we always lose) vs the top teams when in reality nobody expected us to be where we are at all.

Oh btw haterz is this still a kid who shouldnt be a starter and will be gone by the end of his contract?

http://youtu.be/5Sg_dJbSzso

The play at 1:23: Dude gets fouled so much at the hoop (going back to last year in NY--and it doesnt get called). That Block of Josh Smith lol. At 3:15, that steal from Jeff Teague and fullcourt pass to Delfino..wow. Best outlet passing guard in the league. He drops one of those full court dimes a game. Right on the money.

Oh and this Delfino nutmeg of Horford belongs here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBCMkUqR5KQ
2101305, ps id be happy with these unis back
Posted by ShawndmeSlanted, Tue Jan-01-13 02:18 AM
2101309, That Block on Smoove was great.
Posted by Szabo, Tue Jan-01-13 03:24 AM