Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecthahaha. wrong.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2099249&mesg_id=2099702
2099702, hahaha. wrong.
Posted by thejerseytornado, Sat Dec-29-12 01:17 PM
>the Dutch made me like soccer.

I started following Spain in 2005. In before the dominance. in fact, some thought spain's golden generation and it's chances of breaking their 40 year drought were fading into bolivian after the 2006 shutout against france.

as for barca, that could be deemed frontrunning, but whatever. it's where i lived and no one rooted for espanyol.

>i didn't go "okay, i'mma claim Dutch first and foremost" i
>went "okay, i like soccer now...i'm American...USA is my
>team"

cool. good for you. now make a coherent argument why i shouldn't do the following "I love soccer and only grew to love it because of the experience of watching it in spain. I like soccer now. I follow a spanish club team. Many of those players play for Spain's national team too. I'll root for spain."

what's actually wong with that? you can't actually say anything's wrong with that, you just don't like it. it feels wrong. but that's irrelevant--it feels wrong because it's not the norm.

>clearly u think you're an honorary Spaniard/Catalan.

no, no i don't. i just don't attach nearly as much (as in, basically none) to the national origins of a team. and, as an added bonus, i enjoy watching and not having to be involved in the nuances of the catalan/spain divides and relationships to the national team. for the record, i'd drop spain in a heartbeat if the catalan team could play in tournaments as a team.

-----------
It's only funny till someone gets mad. Then it's hilarious.