Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectDavid Bakhtiari, Colorado (6'4, 299)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2096311&mesg_id=2155929
2155929, David Bakhtiari, Colorado (6'4, 299)
Posted by will_5198, Mon Apr-01-13 10:42 AM
He's being slightly overlooked in left tackle conversations, but I like him a lot. On paper, he's a little short of the prototypical measurements for the blindside, although I think his other strengths make up the difference.

Firstly, his arms are still long enough, so he can reach speed rushers and wall them off. In fact, he's great at striking first against ends, getting into their shoulders and finding a latch point. His footwork is also solid; he widens and mirrors while keeping his balance.

He can stay square when faster linebackers blitz, reading delays and stunts with poise. Lastly, he has a run-blocking mentality. Most left tackles are apathetic in that regard, but he carries out his assignments with an attitude (admittedly, he can get a little wild).

If he can't stay on the left (which I believe he can, especially if you have a good quarterback), he'd be a solid right tackle, particularly for zone teams. If those don't work for you, he could play left guard as well. Some even think he's a center. So no matter what, he's going to help you out. Top 100.