Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2096311&mesg_id=2130135
2130135, Da’Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech (6'2, 206)
Posted by will_5198, Tue Feb-12-13 12:30 PM
More immature than he can get away with. He's NFL starter talented, not NFL superstar talented -- the difference being how much babysitting he'll get from his future employer.

Built like a taller running back, he's at his best over the middle. He can absorb huge hits and still retain possession; sticks-mover on third down. Tennessee played him in the slot a good deal, and if given space to catch-and-run, he has some wiggle (not a lot) and the strength to finish powerfully.

Lots of issues, though. His hands are unreliable; he'll make catches and drops that are equally ridiculous. Fights the ball too much, with some awkward body adjustments to passes (turning completely the wrong way, unnecessarily jumping). And part of the reason he was used in the slot is because he lacks deep speed. He's fast enough to play, but won't run past NFL corners. That shows up when trying to get separation, although he'll be fine once he masters the forearm push-off.

I like my possession receivers to have a lot more polish and a lot less baggage. He could be a big, physical third down monster, or out of the league in three years. Risk-weighted, that's fourth round territory to me.