Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI'm going to be a student of Caleb Porter this year
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2084667&mesg_id=2121220
2121220, I'm going to be a student of Caleb Porter this year
Posted by celery77, Mon Jan-28-13 03:57 PM
that's my #1 interest in MLS this year (and I have tickets to every home game, very excited...)

honestly? I don't know if MLS currently has the technical quality in its players to be able to play "possession-oriented attacking soccer" as it's being played in the top leagues. I don't know if the average MLS roster has enough talent to be able to make the 4-3-3 work, which is why I think it's a tactic that has had little success in the league.

but of course I also believe the league is improving every year and obviously it will only move forward when its athletes + coaches *push* it forward, so I'm very, very excited to watch the Porter Experiment in Portland to see how it pans out. I'm not even talking shit to my Seattle friends even though I've loved everything that's happened this offseason because I still think there's just as much chance of Porter being a failure as there is of him being a success at this point so yeah my main fascination with the league this year will be watching the story play out in Portland.

aside from that I want those fucking Italians in Montreal to lose.
I will watch Sherjill McDonald eagerly in Chicago because he's just a great individual forward.
NYRB is and will remain boring to me. sure Henry is nice but besides that BOOOOOOOOOOORING.
my Seattle friend swears that Christian Tiffert is a difference maker but I have yet to see it so I'm very curious to see how he fares in 2013.
Chivas will be weird as Chivas always is.
will Wondo seriously score 15+ again? will other teams ever learn that he is ghosting in their box so they should MARK THE FUCK UP?
Galaxy will be boring. yeah, Robbie Keane is amazing and is going to torch the league again <--- boring.
Philly will be interesting with Le Toux back in the fold, I want him to succeed there again.
Columbus will be interesting with a full Higauin season in store for us.

so yeah -- tons of stuff I'm looking forward to, already starting to count the days to opening weekend...