Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectit *was* the epicenter of the int'l fixing scandal, if I'm not mistaken
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2084667&mesg_id=2119784
2119784, it *was* the epicenter of the int'l fixing scandal, if I'm not mistaken
Posted by celery77, Fri Jan-25-13 04:50 PM
so maybe the agents and players have a comfort level with corruption in their business dealings that MLS shies away from, I dunno.

but yeah, so far only Vancouver seems to have shown any interest in courting Asian talent and it seems to have done well for them. I thought Long Tan was a worthwhile player and YP Lee was a big part of them being an improved team last season.

plus the whole "culture shock" element of moving from Asia to North America is just about as severe as it gets. I'd bet there's more than a few GMs who are leery of having a guy who isn't adaptable crumble even if the scouts tell them they have the talent to make it.

but yeah, overall -- you'd think there'd be more partnership than there is between the soccer cultures in Asia + North America.