Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectwoah! I was excited to see him again in 2013, hope EPL does him right...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2084667&mesg_id=2114761
2114761, woah! I was excited to see him again in 2013, hope EPL does him right...
Posted by celery77, Fri Jan-18-13 05:05 PM
$3.5M is a pretty clear indicator of the respect MLS is starting to get around the world if that's true. it's not an eye-popping figure, but it's hardly the chump change sales they had to make in the past to get *anything*

I think the most recent CBA changed the way that breaks down, too, where FCD gets something like 75% of that transfer sum (in the past I think it went wholly or almost entirely to MLS itself, as the league was bankrolling a lot of the teams). I don't know if they get to "re-invest" with the way that allocation $ works, but the owner of FCD gets a reward for developing a player ready to graduate the league in Brek.

but enough MLS rules nonsnse -- the real question: how long till Klinsmann tries to take credit for arranging the transfer? lol