Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNFL gets a pass, again....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2082591&mesg_id=2082806
2082806, NFL gets a pass, again....
Posted by murph71, Sat Dec-01-12 04:10 PM

RIP to that woman....what a sickening, tragic story...That dude was a fucking coward...He didn't deserve to breath....

But on the real...The interesting thing about being a HUGE NFL and NBA fan is you are able to call bullshit with the some of the past criticism of professional basketball...

I remember all of the bullshit talk about the NBA being a thug, criminal league...All the talk about Allen Iverson being everything that was wrong with sports...

It's amazing how the same is rarely said for the NFL...Rae Carruth gets his boy to shoot up his baby mother...An NFL player gets implicated in a huge drug network...Another player kills someone while drunk driving...

And the sport that I have dug for years since the early days of Sweetness doing the high step has been given a pass because of its culture-shifting popularity...

I guess its way more easier to demonize another sport that just so happens to be close to majority black.....As opposed to overlooking the shit that goes on within another league just because it happens to be the biggest gambling outlet of all the other sports and it still features mostly whites at the biggest, glamor position (QB)...

I love my football...But the double standard is sickening...