Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI never talked about it, but my Mom basically got him into Utah
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2072583&mesg_id=2072683
2072683, I never talked about it, but my Mom basically got him into Utah
Posted by -DJ R-Tistic-, Fri Nov-16-12 04:48 PM
She taught him in High School and helped him a grip...his test scores were low, and she had to write a letter saying that he had some challenges but was a very hard worker who was focused, and that he was a listener, never talked back or gave up, etc etc etc. The coach definitely had good words for him as well, so they accepted him.

Looking at him now, I can see that same work ethic being the reason he's been around for so damn long. Not the most gifted, but has always been focused and works hard, with a good attitude (until you Blake Griffin him and bring out that CPT).

I always compare him to a player we had at her same school named Marlon Parmer...Marlon was class of 99 and had a LOT more skill than Andre did when he was there, and was clearly better...was even smarter in class. But had too many attitude issues, never got along with folks...so he scraped a few pre-season rosters at best.