Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectShould be obvious to anyone that he's the best SG today.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2062679&mesg_id=2135365
2135365, Should be obvious to anyone that he's the best SG today.
Posted by Frank Longo, Thu Feb-21-13 02:13 PM
At age 23.

I was one of the people preaching hesitation after his Finals performance... and I'm not sure why. Obviously he was awful, and with even slightly better play they had a very real chance to win... but he was a 22-year-old on a big stage. We've seen great players wilt when younger in the playoffs before. Patience with him would've been a wiser move for OKC (and wiser for me than posting anti-Harden rhetoric).

Morey chilegrapesed the Finals performance, gave him the money, and won big. Martin is good but is not and will not be Harden. Lamb can be good in the future but is far from Harden. No one OKC can take with the Rockets' pick will be a "best at their position in the league" player. Which Harden is.

I'm not saying they will get Dwight... but players worth a max deal absolutely should be looking at the Rockets, as their backcourt is an average 23.5 years old, and they will only get better.

That doesn't mean he's Top 5... but Top 5 on offense? Yeah, that's not a hard argument to make.