Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectPoint B makes absolutely no sense.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2061516&mesg_id=2061843
2061843, Point B makes absolutely no sense.
Posted by LA2Philly, Thu Nov-01-12 11:50 AM
If the team is OLD and he doesn't know how far he can push them, Kobe/D12 are coming off injuries, Pau and Kobe are coming off Olympic summers, Pau and Kobe both faded in last years playoffs after playing 40+ a night in the regular season...then wouldn't logic hold that he would be playing them less minutes to start and then ramping them up to test how far he can push them? Rather, Pau/Kobe/Dwight are hovering around 38+ while he yanks around the bench rotations and trots out 4 bench players at the same time rather than pull back Nash and Pau/Dwight in the first quarter so we can always have 2 stars on the floor at all times.

The mins mismanagement, inconsistent rotations, and head-scratching lineups are something we saw all of last year...and it has continued to this season. I agree with your assessment on the Princeton and Nash has the leeway to initiate SnR when he wants (and he was more aggressively doing it last night) but your point B reaks of bs because both things you said (and the reasons I added to start this reply) are reasons why they should be playing less mins with a structured sub pattern rather than the nearly 40 mins and mismatch rotations we see now and saw all of last season.

This mismanagement issue speaks to the two biggest problems with Brown (I've never had a serious issue w his X's and O's...even earlier in this post said the offense and defensive will figure itself out): His lack of composure and inability to stick to a long-term plan.