Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectIm back and forth on this
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2050980&mesg_id=2075543
2075543, Im back and forth on this
Posted by Shmuley Boteach, Tue Nov-20-12 10:11 AM
>personally i think he's being put in a bad position
>but whatever
>he'll have ALL the opportunity in the world to improve and
>work on his game over the next couple of yrs so we'll see

My initial selfish thought is Id love to see him on the Knicks this year--A) cause it woulda saved me money and been easier to watch him and be cause theyd be doing just as well right now with him starting and he'd get pub for being on a good team.

But on the flipside, going to Houston will allow him to develop without being under the same microscope he was under in NY. I mean as good as NY is playing now, Id be shocked if they win a championship. And lets be honest, as long as they keep not winning, the blme has to go somewhere--and he'd be a major target.

They wont replace him in the starting lineup so he has no choice but to keep playing. I mean maybe he regresses like Tony Douglas, but i highly doubt it.

Like you said, he has a couple of years. Right now hes playing more like a 5 million dollar pg than he is a league minimum $250,000 pg. If Lawson and Jrue right now are what 12-14 million pgs should be making, he'll be there by year 3.