Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectThis is bulshit
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2050980&mesg_id=2075504
2075504, This is bulshit
Posted by Shmuley Boteach, Tue Nov-20-12 09:26 AM
>
>he gonna get his assists every now and then
>and i already explained why the steals thing is retarded to
>prop up
Its fine for every other player to get props on assists but not him? LOL. Most of his assists are not to James Harden..so again youre wrong.

>he's not a good on ball defender, most PGs in this league
>aren't but sometimes Lin looks out right horrible
>him AND harden struggle like shit with the pick and roll
>at this point yall are scrambling to piece together and spin
>anything into a positive (lol@ giving him credit for not
>having 5 TOs a game...CONGRATS!)

I disagree and since you watch all the games. If you want to have a non agenda driven conversation, I'd love to "sit down" with you and watch a play by play.
After reading through youre saying two different things. Jeremy Lin is imo an above average on the ball defender. I define on the ball as guarding a guy 1-on-1. He sometimes struggles with the super fast guys, but he's good moving his feet against most of the league, getting his hands n the ball, blocking shots. He's also really good when guys try and post him up.

Where he sucks or is below average is off the ball. He has a terrible sense of where his man is when he helps. I sometimes wonder if the coaching staff tells him to help or if he is freelancing. But yea---he watches the ball to much and often loses his man who is then open for a kickout three.

The grey area is PNR. I dont really consider PNR on the ball while you do. But hes not great there either. Hes not as bad as his off the ball, but he does a poor job of getting through screens. He also makes questionable choices. Like he will continue to go under a pick after a guy has made a jumpshot. Ive seen some improvement here the last couple games. He's been fighting through picks harder, but again--still has to make better decisions on what to do--especially with certain players

>him being not effective because he isn't doing xyz is not an
>excuse
>if he's ass when he doesn't drive and dish and he's not
>driving and dishing...then he ass
>he need to adjust his game and if he CAN'T because teams
>defend it better now...then that's on him
>
Like I said, I was worried when they had him spotting up in the corner just standing there. Last 3 games hes been getting to the hole or getting past his man and then kicking for assists. He's not finishing right now but its gonna happen soon. Ive already seen the progress this season.Adjustment isnt a one game process. Cause im sure youd agree even if he gets better and has a nice game one day, thats not truly adjusting. The changes and improvement we see will be incremental and we'll see them over the course of the season on to the next season. Dude is a hard worker, and his own biggest critic. Those things that are broken now are fixable. Even that broken J.