Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectCeltics. Nets. Pacers....not scared of any of them.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2041402&mesg_id=2041700
2041700, Celtics. Nets. Pacers....not scared of any of them.
Posted by subjctmattr, Thu Sep-27-12 06:53 PM
>- Not convinced Carmelo is the leader the Knicks need him to
>be.

Melo's not the leader of the team. He's the #1 option. There's a difference. We know he's not a leader. That's why we got all the veteran leadership.

>- Your starting PF is a poor rebounder and average defender.

My starting PF in the worst year of his career averaged 9 boards and 17 points. I'll take that. Let's not forget how good my PF is.

>And that will cause problems for...
>- Your defensive anchor Tyson Chandler. Bulls fans have seen
>this for the past two seasons. When Noah has to cover for
>Booozer, he gets in foul trouble early. Not sure what Kurt
>Thomas has left in the tank.

My defensive anchor Tyson will be just fucking fine. Worry about your squad.

>- Marcus Camby, who btw? 16 years in the league

And he was the best offensive rebounder in the league last year. We want him to come off the bench. How many people have a back up center that good?

>- I liked Ronnie Brewer when he was here in Chicago in Thibs
>defensive system, but he's not a replacement for Shump.

He's a stop gap for Shump. Shump is still our guy, but we needed someone to fill in and we got a great defender for league minimum. Act like its not a good pick up if you want to.

>- J.R. Smith

Instant offense off the bench. Every team needs one.

>01 Heat
>02 Celtics
>03 Nets
>04 Pacers
>05 Knicks
>06 Sixers
>07 Bulls
>08 Cavaliers

We can compete with the C's. They'll be banking on KG and he's not getting younger. Our old guys come off the bench. They're old guys start. Not saying that we'll surely beat them out, but my point is we'll be competing for the 2 seed.

You have the Nets 3rd? Based on what? Its the EXACT same team as last year plus Joes contract. They'll be better but damn dudes is really drinking the Kool Aid based on Joe Johnson. And you wanna talk about a non rebounding mother fucker?? Look at Brook.

Again the Pacers. We had a better year than them last year record wise, and we played half the year with no point guard and D'antoni as the coach. You believe the Pacers after that playoff performance. I don't. We'll see. I ain't worried about them.