Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectPrediction time fellas
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2030147&mesg_id=2123705
2123705, Prediction time fellas
Posted by OldPro, Fri Feb-01-13 11:49 AM
I've been doing a lot of thinking this week... going over all the match-ups and watching all 5 playoffs games (edited on NFL reply) for both teams. After all that my head tells me nothing has changed in how I see this going down... but my gut is telling me something is going to go sideways and make this tougher than it should be.

It's the fact we haven't had any fumbles in a while that scares me the most... I get the feeling we're putting it on the Super Dome carpet at least twice... Gore, LeMichael & Ginn are my top candidates. I just feel Gore wants this so badly he may expose the ball fighting for extra yards. A Ginn fumble could be huge in that it could very well lead to Raven points. I kinda see Kap with 1 pick too.

So I took the score my head tells me, 31-17 (same score Steve Young picked btw) and based on turnovers, added two FGs to the Ravens (I think our D holds after at least 1 deep in our territory) subtracted a 49er TD and replaced it with a second FG (Aikers will be something like 2-3) So I'm going 27-23 9ers in a game where not everything goes wrong but enough to make this a closer game than it should be. Truthfully the only way I see the 9ers losing is by beating themselves... but we've seen this in a big game before so it's a very real possibility... I just don't think it's likely they screw up enough to offset their match-up advantages. Only areas I give the Ravens a clear advantage is in the screen and kicking games.

But beyond this one game is where I place Kap... I've been uneasy along the way as I keep expecting his youth to show up and bite us in the ass at the worst time... He's passed every test so far and is one game away from ascending to a Montana level on my confidence meter.. if he plays well and gets this one, I will never doubt dude again.