Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI didn't read all of it...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2030147&mesg_id=2118310
2118310, I didn't read all of it...
Posted by OldPro, Wed Jan-23-13 05:14 PM
I'll bookmark the rest for later... but he's opening with same point I was making in my post yesterday

We can argue Gore vs Rice, TEs, Kickers or offensive vs defensive line match-ups and all this other shit but this really all comes down to two simple questions

Who has the better defense?
Who has the more explosive offense?

The 49ers have Willis & Bowman who are sideline to sideline linebackers while the Ravens have two aging middles that are pretty much downhill guys at this point in their careers (Ray more than Suggs) Even if you wanted to call the D-lines and secondaries equal (which I don't believe they are) you have this separation in the linebacking cores that's fairly glaring imo... which is especially troubling when your opponent has a QB who can and will test your edges.

On offense it's as simple as Flacco vs Kaepernick. Both Strong arm QBs who can get the ball down field but one is a pocket passer only and the other a freak of nature who can beat you with his arm, legs or head... someone trying to make a case for Flacco here would no doubt point out his playoff experience... but have we seen anything from Kap so far that would lead us to believe he's going to crack come a week from Sunday?

So bottom line.. is there anyone that would pick the Ravens on either account? If not just how can you pick the Ravens? You're basically saying the same team best equipped to win a defensive struggle is the same team best equipped to win a shootout.

We all know anything can happen on any given Sunday but just what is the reason anyone would be picking Baltimore here? Short of Ray being the true son of god I don't see it.

I said I'd wait but I just can't any longer... I don't have a score but we blowing these birds out.

*update*

Just noticed this was post '808'

*Cues Egypt Egypt*