Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectWait a minute....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2030147&mesg_id=2076673
2076673, Wait a minute....
Posted by Crash85, Wed Nov-21-12 07:32 PM
So if I say Vernon's Tom Brady comment was a bit extra and he shouldn't have said that, I'm in the wrong... But everyone who wants Kaep in can turn to that comment and say, "See, Vernon compared him to Tom Brady... He ain't never compared Alex Smith to Tom Brady..." and thats cool??

You ain't making sense man...

I've heard and read Vernon countless times praise Alex Smith, but when he knows Alex is down, he throws him under the bus... "Kaep is the maaaaaaan.." "it was one of those balls that you see Tom Brady throw...” Yeah, you can look at it and say he's just praising Kaep, but damn VD... Tom Brady??

Vernon could've praised Kaep without those comments... To pretend like he doesn't understand what's going on is kinda stupid man... He knows there is a QB "situation" that is gonna be addressed... He doesn't need to say those things to the media... He should go to Harbough and tell him... Instead, he went a bit extra...

I don't care about the handcuffs comment... I don't think that was a reference to the job Kaepernick did... I think he just meant he was finally able to break out... In previous weeks, he had been talking how he hasn't been open... I felt the handcuffs comment was appropriate...

In respect to the QB situation, Vernon should know how to talk to the media in a neutral way... Instead, he created a major sound byte that's being played, talked about and referred to all over the radio and internet... And yes, by doing that, I believe it's throwing Alex under the bus...