Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNot really. Durant's defense is not even close to being as much a liability...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2028578&mesg_id=2029531
2029531, Not really. Durant's defense is not even close to being as much a liability...
Posted by BlassFemur, Wed Sep-05-12 06:11 PM
as Dwight's offense. Not even close.

But yeah, the Thunder obviously wanted to sure up their interior defense....seeing that their main guys are a SF and the other is a PG/SG. I don't see them swatting too many shots.

I get it that no franchise player does it all.

DRose isn't that great of an outside shooter and he turns the rock over too much. But I can take those two negatives because the other shit he does makes those minor issues.

Durant...okay, his defense is not the best and maybe he should fight Perk and Ibaka for rebounds more. I guess. But again, the positives
outweigh that by a mile.

Dwight rebounds good and plays great defense...game-changing defense. BUT, the Magic suffered for years because his offensive game never evolved. I don't see how anyone can refute that. It literally cost them games and probably championships too, if I wanted to get dramatic. Is Dwight a scrub. No. Will he get a chip on the Lakers, yeah, he will. Maybe a few. But he's not franchise. Good player...best center in the league for years running now. Bout not franchise.

>you're making against D12
>
>Durant excels offensively
>
>so they have to have defensive minded first players in their
>starting lineup
>
>like Perk and Ibaka
>
>Durant without defensive stoppers backing him up would make
>the Thunder the SuperSonics
>