Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI see we got some Dwight fans in the house......
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2028578&mesg_id=2029507
2029507, I see we got some Dwight fans in the house......
Posted by BlassFemur, Wed Sep-05-12 05:22 PM
Being a good player doesn't mean you're a franchise player. A player that you can build a successful team around. There are a lot of players that are good, but aren't great. He's not the only one. They are good, but they are not complete players. And yeah, I do base a lot of what I say about D12 on the fact that his offense sucks. Because...well...it does. And it is a huge liability. It's his biggest weakness. I take Durant's defensive liabilities all day long compared to Dwight's offensive liabilities because Durant's defense is not nearly as bad. I take Lebron's lack of clutchness all day long because he dominates the rest of the game in many other aspects. Dwight's offensive issues are a problem all game long. His free throws are an issue all game long. It's been an issue since he arrived in the league. It will get worse with age if he doesn't start addressing that part of his game. His maturity and effort is an issue all game long. Which is one reason I feel you can't build around him.

Let's not sit here and act like Dwight wasn't a huge reason why Orlando underachieved for so many years. He's had numerous moments of being unmotivated. It's a clusterfuck when he gets the ball in the paint. Yeah, people can throw Hedo and Lewis and Nelson under the bus, but they were the reason the Magic excelled when they did....not Dwight. Because when it comes down to it, you gotta score. Which is why whenever the Magic made moves...it was geared toward getting guys that can score.....because Dwight can't. Which is why he isn't franchise.

dude is a good player
dude is a superstar
dude is an all-star
dude is a game-changer on the Lakers because they don't need him to score
BUT........dude is not a franchise player.

Sorry