Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subject1st of all, I doubt if you read the entire article and 2ndly pgs in
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2028578&mesg_id=2029057
2029057, 1st of all, I doubt if you read the entire article and 2ndly pgs in
Posted by vee-lover, Tue Sep-04-12 04:17 PM
general are considered the LEADERS of their teams just like QBs in football so I don't see how saying Paul is the best leader of any player in the league is so far fetched considering the position he plays.

Leadership is an intangible quality to begin with and you can't measure it like you can other statistics. This comes down to the eye test and I've seen throughout his career how teammates respond to Paul, especially last season with a young Clippers team and I've watched how he'll scold teammates ON THE COURT in a way where he's not showing them up and lastly, I ask you again: who is another player you think is a better leader than him?

I've heard Stephen A. Smith say on several occassions that Paul IS THE BEST LEADER IN THE NBA SINCE ISAIAH THOMAS. I've heard Steve Kerr say Paul's leadership ability is what separates him from other pgs, other players in the league.

And how I know you didn't fully read the article is because besides the stats in the article, it talked abt his presence in the LOCKER ROOM which is where leadership is really felt.