Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI watched my alma mater get blown out by Central Dauphin (PA)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2023291&mesg_id=2034412
2034412, I watched my alma mater get blown out by Central Dauphin (PA)
Posted by Mignight Maruder, Sat Sep-15-12 10:01 AM
last night. Central Dauphin (Harrisburg, PA area) are the defending AAAA (PA for some really dumb reasons only has 4 classifications) state champs. They have at least 4-5 legit Div 1 bound players (perhaps even more). One of which is a pretty prized recruit - Zayd Issah. He's about 6'3 225 and hits/runs like a mack truck. That was an extremely fun team to watch because they were a TEAM through and through. Sure, they had some exceptional talent, but they had legitimately good players at every position. They were extremely well-coached. Textbook style tackling even by their CBs. Amazing KO/PO returner. Outstanding ST's coverage. Just a complete team. Was really fun to watch them. They lost last week to potential state champs Bishop McDevitt (Harrisburg - same school that produced Ricky Watters and Lesean McCoy) but were playing without their 2 star players.

Watching that game made me miss coaching football immensely. Unfortunately, my demanding work schedule and family obligations might put those plans of coaching again on hold.

Side note, I watched some of that St.Thomas Aquinas vs. Don Bosco Prep game last night. St.Thomas Aquinas has the ugliest damn unis I've seen in a minute. Yellowish-orange unis with a gold helmet. WTF is that???