Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectperfect signing. manchester united will be on the loose this season
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2020326&mesg_id=2020691
2020691, perfect signing. manchester united will be on the loose this season
Posted by BrooklynWHAT, Thu Aug-16-12 01:55 AM
i cannot describe how great of a signing this is. i dont get how a united fan could look at this and not be giddy as fuck.
And first of all to compare this to the berbatov signing is just so stupid its laughable
Berbatov: lazy, moody, unreliable & unclinical.
Rvp: lively, fiery, a leader and a sniper
The only worry is injury history but thats a risk i can live with.

The wages dont worry me either. Hes not on 225 a week. Use your heads people.
Hes on whatever Rooney is on and not even Rooney is on 225. Something like 180.
It isnt about the money. Its about putting yourself in the position to compete for titles.
And if those come than it will be more than worth the money we are spending on him.

Is it a necessary signing? No not really.
But is modric to madrid necessary? Fuck no.
Does city really need another striker? Fuck no.
But the modern game is all about the accumulation of weapons.
Its why we signed Young even though we already had the 2 best wingers in the league.

Could we use another cm? Probably. But if the attack is constructed how i think it will be, i think our options are fine. Clearly we are moving toward a new system so it will be interesting to see.
I dont even think we need another LB. Maybe as a backup but im fine with evra for another season. It can be revisited next summer.

Ultimately though, this is a statement of attacking intent.
For whatever reason ever since we signed berbatov we have become boring and slower and more boring and even slower by the year. Much like him.
Now we have a gang of energetic, clever, versatile and INTELLIGENT (in football at least) parts who can play anywhere across a front 4 and threaten the goal from anywhere in the attacking half.
Rooney now has a proper running mate up front for the first time since ronaldo left.
I bet hes happier than a pig in shit.
If it syncs...beware.
We are on the loose.

I love it. Building for the present and the future at the same damn time.
Bring on the season.