Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecti find crossfit very DANGEROUS
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2008275&mesg_id=2008941
2008941, i find crossfit very DANGEROUS
Posted by xangeluvr, Sun Jul-15-12 09:02 PM
>Any crossfit experts here to clarify/respond to this?

hell, you can see it in the crossfit games as well, especially in the lifts. proper (read that as safe) form is not stressed as much as speed and volume. i cringe when i see them doing snatches. serious back injuries waiting to happen.

one huge problem with CF is that someone can call themselves CF certified by spending some money for one of their weekend seminars. sorry, but i don't want someone that doesn't know shit teaching me how to get in shape, especially not teaching me how to lift.

now, not all coaches are bad. the ones that are good have schooling behind them and are already personal trainers or strength coaches. on top of this education they add the CF certification. the problem is finding the good knowledgable coaches and differentiating them from the shit ones.

the other big thing is that crossfit is NOT doing anything new. they got the public fooled that they have some secret system or workouts or some shit. give anything a snappy name and people eat it up.