Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectpretty much true
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2005514&mesg_id=2005653
2005653, pretty much true
Posted by Mannii, Sat Jul-07-12 12:07 PM
though as a C's fan I could do without the grave-dancing at the end. Nothing we haven't heard for the last 3 seasons.

C's fans are mostly reeling because it's the most tangible breakdown of the "Big 3" yet and they're coping with it by over-reacting. we've been attached to/brainwashed with that Big 3 idea for a while and now, even if expecting it, it feels weird for that to be missing a piece.

reasonable folks will eventually come down from that attachment and arrive at the same conclusion the article makes, which is that it's just biz, and haters will continue to hate and make it personal with Ray, which sucks. I've noticed that the most outraged folks seem to be the same folks who have a huge hatred for Bron, Wade for "character issues", so that's whatever, there's no reasoning with those folks.

I'm good with it this morning tho, and respect Ray for all the good stuff he did here, but it still feels like a void to be filled cuz of that attachment. Right now this whole scene feels like when the small town folks say "I never thought it could happen HERE!" in response to some traumatic event. We're not the first fanbase to lose something special and won't be the last. Cleveland fans will say losing Bron was worse for them, etc, etc. World keeps spinning, free agents keep walking.

That said, thanks for everything Ray, and I hope Bradley dogs the shit out of you when he returns.