Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecti think the offense this year is part of the long term plan
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1945877&mesg_id=2079169
2079169, i think the offense this year is part of the long term plan
Posted by Awburn, Mon Nov-26-12 12:36 PM
the offensive line is not good enough to protect him in a traditional passing offense. in addition to pass pro being a long term problem, they tried that against the steelers and the offense stalled completely. the line needs the threat of the option to keep lbs from just teeing off. to me, the offense actually is safer for griffin this way. plus if shanny knows the line is weak, then giving griffin 30-40 attempts a game only puts him in more danger. he is already making good decisions with the ball in the 20-30 passes that he is getting. i'm not sure what benefit there would be in increasing that this season.

a lot of the problem has been with griffin himself. he wasnt sliding, getting out of bounds, or getting rid of the ball fast enough. he still holds on to the ball too long. after the concussion, he seemed to have learned how to avoid some of the unnecessary contact though.

shanny did say that lining griffin up at WR was dumb. i dont see that happening again.

----------
"To face that guy twice a year is going to be a headache…He takes away from your enthusiasm for the game a little bit." Justin Tuck on RG3