Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjecthe said the same about Peyton on John Thompson's show (swipe)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1945877&mesg_id=1945889
1945889, he said the same about Peyton on John Thompson's show (swipe)
Posted by Dr Claw, Thu Mar-29-12 12:14 PM

Link: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/02/donovan-mcnabb-peyton-manning-wont-play-for-redskins/1#.T3SYStU-Xcs

The story that continues to coalesce during this NFL offseason revolves around the murky future of Colts QB Peyton Manning.

However Donovan McNabb wants to offer one degree of certainty regarding Manning: He won't play for the Redskins.
CAPTION
By Maxwell Kruger, US Presswire

"Peyton's not gonna go there," NcNabb told ESPN 980 in Washington recently.

"I don't see Peyton ending up in Washington. Because what happens is now you're bringing in another veteran who will be 35, 36, who's been in one offense throughout his career -- it's the same situation (as McNabb in 2010).

"Peyton is such an offensive coordinator, so now what does that do to your offensive coordinator? Does he step down? Does he step back? Does he, you know, begin to change the whole offense according to the play of the quarterback? that he has in Peyton Manning? Well I didn't see that happen, so I definitely don't see that happening for Peyton."

McNabb struggled playing for HC Mike Shanahan and his son, OC Kyle Shanahan, during his lone year with the Redskins after spending his first 11 seasons as a six-time Pro Bowler for the Eagles. McNabb, who seemed to clash in particular with Kyle Shanahan behind the scenes, was ultimately benched for the final three games of 2010 before being traded to the Vikings months later.

McNabb seemed to signal his feelings about the Shanahans during the interview by failing to mention them by name.

"As I look back on that year, I was very excited on joining the Washington Redskins," he said. "I loved (owner) Dan Snyder; I love his attitude and his approach. I loved (GM) Bruce Allen and what he was trying to do. Situations were a lot different once I got there, with coaching and play-calling and things of that nature, where it wasn't suited around the talent of your quarterback."