Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectFor what it's worth, strong word is the boys in the back agree with Cena.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1921133&mesg_id=1922819
1922819, For what it's worth, strong word is the boys in the back agree with Cena.
Posted by lc ceo, Wed Feb-22-12 12:05 PM
There was a text sent to a major publication (PWI) from a wrestler who pretty much said Cena had him dead to rights, that Rock is out for himself, that Rock is using WWE to gain back the audience he lost doing shit like the Tooth Fairy. He also spoke about how Rock came back a year ago and hasn't made a single star, hasn't put anyone over but himself, and how other guys are missing out on a big payday from the big shows because of his presence, etc. Both PWI and Justin Lebarr- quality sources- give some serious credence to the text being legit. PWI knows who that person is, obviously.

So, to that end, if Cena is a mouth piece for anyone, it's not Vince or Hunter, but the boys in the back, who believe it or not, do matter more than Dwayne at this point.

So for all your trashing of Cena (who I don't really even like, BTW), and slobbing of Punk who has said the EXACT SAME SHIT in live promos and interviews, that sentiment goes well beyond Cena. If anything, Cena has set himself up as the leader of this generation better than ever.

And no, I don't think this is OMFG BEST THING EVER!!!, I just think it's a damn good promo.