Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectI noticed that you harped on The Rock's catchphrases
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1921133&mesg_id=1922755
1922755, I noticed that you harped on The Rock's catchphrases
Posted by ZooTown74, Wed Feb-22-12 10:21 AM
(I'm not reading all of what you wrote, btw)

And while his catchphrases may or may not move units, since "it's Wrestlemania and it doesn't matter," they're certainly fresher and get more of a crowd/audience reaction than a weak babyface crying that "he left us, I'll never leave you guys" and worked "shoots" that other wrestlers pulled off to FAR greater effect and impact.

And if it doesn't matter since "it's Wrestlemania," then why shouldn't Cena talk about thinking that he's better than The Rock, not because he stayed but because he's bigger, stronger, faster? You think that's boring, but I think faked "shoots" with crying bitch babyfaces saying the same shit over and over about being deserted is boring as fuck. And lame.

And of course you're not going to get exact quotes from people involved regarding the resentment of The Rock by cats in WWE. The only person who has come close is CM Punk, but that's about it. But the backstage reports have been corroborated by numerous reputable sources who of course can't out themselves because they still work for the company...

You don't have to believe it, but that doesn't mean that it's not real... and the people doing the reporting are certainly reputable enough to be believed.

And I want leave by asking you a question: what is pro wrestling? At its core, what exactly is pro wrestling? I can tell you that it's NOT "The Rock left you guys, and I'll never leave you, so that's why I think I deserve to win on April 1."