Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectbecause *you* read it as vince's mouth piece. Smarks read it.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1921133&mesg_id=1922668
1922668, because *you* read it as vince's mouth piece. Smarks read it.
Posted by lc ceo, Tue Feb-21-12 11:49 PM
>How did he "get personal" by acting as Vince's mouthpiece?

But he came out and said he had no respect for Dwayne, and then told us why. He came out and said "this is what I think about Dwayne."

Look, we're hard to please. We know too much, like it or not, but average fans who don't know too much? The thought of that being Vince's mouth piece doesn't even come into play.

>All of this "personal" shit that Cena is talking is nothing
>but Vince and Trips being pissed at The Rock for his success
>and "not acting like one of the boys" when he came back for
>Hall of Fame inductions and things like that

Well, again, that's pretty much solely a Smark (no snark) perspective. Not to be a dick here but we're not the end all be all of WWE fans, you know? So while it reads like that to *us*, average fans won't even think twice about that.

>I'd much rather hear something genuine come out of Cena's
>mouth as to why he doesn't like Rock and can't wait to match
>up with him, as opposed to the "you left us" whining that he's
>been fed, directly or not, by Vince, for the past year now

Well, I actually believe those are his real thoughts. He's said it for years, actually, and I've got no reason at all not to believe as much. I've never read a single report of HHH being jealous of Dwayne, and I'm personally not going to sit here and say "well you know it's true". If you've read that somewhere with credibility that Hunter is privately jealous, well, do you.

>I mean, "Team Tape It?" You thought that shit was fresh?

Didn't say that. Boots to asses is wack, as is fruity pebbles, so.....

>And if you really think about it, if I'm a viewer and I hear
>Cena crying about Rock leaving and being successful outside
>WWE, I'm wondering why this dude is so mad about another
>dude's success.

That's sort of just throwing out the hater card though. I don't see him being mad about Dwayne's success, I see him being passionate about the professional wrestling business and being mad at a dude who just leverages said business to further his outside business. But that's me. IMO saying he's just jealous of another dude's success is completely ignoring everything about Cena's character, a major hallmark of which is his undying love for professional wrestling. Which is part of what he spoke on yesterday. So if you ask me, that just comes across as the typical young adult male disdain for Cena.