Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectlol, are you really trying to place value on the world titles now?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1921133&mesg_id=1921342
1921342, lol, are you really trying to place value on the world titles now?
Posted by ZooTown74, Sun Feb-19-12 11:57 PM
The fucking lead announcer places value and weight on the world titles only when he's not talking about how great he is or shitting on the talent like Daniel Bryan or arguing with Lawler

Which means he almost never talks about them

So in turn you think we're supposed to place weight on them? If the lead announcer doesn't give a shit, why should we?

>and those matches have more intrigue than one of the worst
>feuds in recent memory.

I don't disagree, but yet, there was Cena's arm raised as the WWE logo went up and we faded out.

>What did feud do to push Rock vs. Cena? Absolutely nothing.
>Did this show influence ONE single person to buy WrestleMania
>that wasn't already? Absolutely not.

You're actually shouting at a wall at this point. Look, I'm not saying that Cena-Kane was the greatest feud of all time. Far from it. But I could see WHY it went on last on THIS show, the big show right before your biggest show of the year, the show that he's co-headlining. Like it or not, they needed to feed someone to Cena to tune him up with Kane. And you leave your PPV audience with a shot of him being victorious to set up the next big show.

>There's a reason why Raw is doing 3.0s and 3.1s as of late,
>and it's due to little to no interest in the product being
>handed to the fans.

I mean, I get it. Please stop rattling off ratings and shit as if I'm in complete love with this Cena-Kane shit. Just because I could see the reasoning behind their decision making doesn't mean I'm in lockstep and agreement with it.

>Face it; the show was HORRIBLY produced, not only by putting
>Cena and Kane in the main event, but for all of the ridiculous
>filler that they had in the middle of the Chamber matches and
>the blowoff Swagger vs. Gabriel match. WWE tonight basically
>told everyone that the only matches to watch at WrestleMania
>were Rock vs. Cena and Taker vs. HHH; forget the rest of the
>show.

Again, we can bitch all about the product, but like it or not, here we are. If the idea was to toughen up Cena before his match with Rock, they certainly could have had someone else do it, like Barrett or another tough guy who could have stretched Cena to his limits. But, they didn't go in that direction. And so it goes.