Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectNCAA basketball tournament
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1905752&mesg_id=1906174
1906174, NCAA basketball tournament
Posted by osu_no_1, Fri Jan-27-12 06:54 AM
I usually go for the 1st and second round games.

Thursday Saturday or Friday Sunday.

4 games on Thursday and 2 on Saturday.

The Thursday tickets are actually two sessions and separate tickets, they make you leave in between but its a good time for dinner. I saw sean payton dining out with kenny chesney two years ago in no.

Only thing is, if you decide on a location and set up travel early, you might not get to see your team. Sometimes the NCAA selection committee is predictable when picking where teams play though. A team cant play in its home city, but the NCAA will put them at the next closest one.

So i schedule early based on location, and sometimes i get blowouts but its because the team is amazing, like UCLA with Westbrook and love, or UK a couple years ago.

Last year might have been the best when i went to the mckale center in Tucson. They have a balcony outside so you can get some sun during breaks.

I used to get cheap tickets and try to sneak down, but they mostly stopped that with guards recently. Worth a try though. Sat next to artest at the rca dome in 2002. Now i just buy the better tickets.

Great experience and sometimes i get the benefit of seeing some amazing players and plays like buzzer beater finishes to games. Pretty good value when you consider how many games you get for the price.