Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Sports
Topic subjectyou coming as a Seattle fan or just as a fan? it makes a difference lol
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=1905752&mesg_id=1905935
1905935, you coming as a Seattle fan or just as a fan? it makes a difference lol
Posted by celery77, Thu Jan-26-12 05:19 PM
if you're coming as a Seattle fan, holler at the ECS (Emerald City Supporters). they charter buses, put kegs on them, and then drive them down from Seattle. they also get the away seating section with its own entrance and a security line to keep them separated on the concourse (seriously, my friend was at the game with ECS last year and he told me to not even bother coming over and dap him up at half time because security was keeping a tight wall between the fans).

as for tickets, not totally sure. try to get them from the box office, then soccercityusa.com has a message board that might be a decent place to ask if there's spares. it's the only Timbers fan message board that I really know about (aside from the supporters' members only board at timbersarmy.org). there's usually scalpers on the sidewalk before games, too.

use the MAX (light rail) to get to the game, parking isn't worth the hassle. if you are driving for some reason, I can tell you where to park for free and hop the MAX, too (Lloyd Center, lots of fans do it). bars around the stadium ---> Bitter End is the Timbers Army bar, always packed, always the "regulars" there. Cheerful Bullpen is my fav cuz it's got an open patio out back with the nice Clive Charles mural. if you get an actual TA ticket, lines for the TA section start literally hours before kick off (because it's general admission). it's a bit tedious. gates 90m before and the best seats are comopletely taken up by about 60m before.

and if you DO have Sounders anything on? stay away from Bitter End, keep a low profile, and be prepared to have people fuck with you. you should be fine, but I couldn't promise anything like not getting your scarf yanked if you wear it anywhere near the stadium. claims of actual violence are greatly exaggerated.